The North County Adaptive Sports and Recreation Program is a 501c non-profit organization formed to provide year round supervised adaptive sports and recreational activities for individuals with developmental disabilities of North San Luis Obispo County, with the intent of fostering the participant’s social relationships and personal growth.
Is to provide and expand adaptive physical sports and social activities year round for the individuals with developmental disabilities in the North San Luis Obispo County.
· Maintain our partnership with Cal Poly’s Kinesiology and RPTA Departments and Cuesta Psych Tech Program
· Continue our partnership with Atascadero Park & Recreation department and the Kennedy Fitness Center.
· Continue community fundraising to provide the weekly sports program and CIP transportation at no cost to individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Core costs (Annual non-profit insurance, facility rental, equipment procurement and maintenance)
· Bi-monthly social events (Cal Poly games, barbeques, bowling, dances and other activities, etc.)
· Regional recreational events – (Funding permitting– Miniature golf, Disney on Ice, shows at CPAC & Clark centers, Project Surf Camp – Morro Bay, etc.)
Respect and Dignity for all people, valuing diversity as a disability and encouraging inclusiveness